There are a lot of myths about bankruptcy out there and people find a lot of reasons to avoid bankruptcy. But if you are tired of struggling with your debt, bankruptcy could provide you with the fresh start you deserve. The sooner you talk to an experienced lawyer, the sooner you can get the facts you need to decide if bankruptcy is right for you.
At the Orantes Law Firm, our California bankruptcy lawyer has been helping individuals and businesses through the bankruptcy process for over a decade. We know how the bankruptcy process works, we know the rights of consumers and businesses with serious debt, and we will make sure you understand your rights and obligations moving forward.
Make the Law Work for You
- Bankruptcy myth: You can no longer file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy fact: While the Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Code changed several years ago, most individuals still qualify. In fact, it is rare to find people with serious debt concerns who are not eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy myth: You will lose your home and other assets when you file for bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy fact: It is extremely rare for people to lose their homes or cars due to bankruptcy exemptions. In fact, filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy could be the best way to save your home. We know how to protect people’s assets.
- Bankruptcy myth: You will ruin your credit when you file for bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy fact: Struggling to pay off a debt you cannot afford is the worst thing you can do for your credit. Bankruptcy will stay on your credit report for several years, but getting a fresh start and making smart financial decisions and timely payments you can afford is the best way to rebuild your credit.
- Bankruptcy myth: Bankruptcy is looked down upon in the Bible.
- Bankruptcy fact: The Bible states that every seven years you should forgive your neighbor’s debts. Do not be afraid to seek the forgiveness you deserve.
You can always find reasons to avoid bankruptcy. But don’t you want to start looking for ways to get the debt relief you deserve? Our attorney can help you dispel dangerous bankruptcy myths and get real facts. From our law offices in Los Angeles, we offer legal counsel in Spanish and English. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation and learn more.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.