Bankruptcy Options Lawyer Los Angeles
To a lawyer who only files Chapter 7 bankruptcy, everyone looks like a candidate for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. At the Orantes Law Firm, in Los Angeles, we handle the full range of bankruptcy options for individuals and businesses. We think this is important because one size does not fit all when it comes to bankruptcy.
We offer a free initial consultation to take a look at your assets, your debts and the challenges you face. Only then can we give you honest answers about your rights and options.
Bankruptcy options for individuals:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: If you are eligible, Chapter 7 bankruptcy offers the simplest form of debt relief. However, Chapter 7 bankruptcy is not for everyone. If you have significant assets, Chapter 13 bankruptcy may provide you with better protection.
- Chapter 12 bankruptcy: Chapter 12 bankruptcy offers significant advantages for farmers and fisherman.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: If you have assets such as a home that you would lose in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can protect those assets and still obtain debt relief by filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy: While Chapter 11 bankruptcy is designed for businesses, it is an option for some individuals as well. If you have high-end real estate such as a multimillion-dollar home, filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy may help you save it.
Bankruptcy options for businesses:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy: While a business entity cannot obtain a discharge of debt under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code, sole proprietors can. Even if you are not a sole proprietor, filing Chapter 7 may be enough to cause some creditors to stop harassing you.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy: If you are a sole proprietor (or you dissolve your business entity so you are a sole proprietor), Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be an option for you, depending on your amount of debt.
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy: If you have significant debts but also a viable business, Chapter 11 bankruptcy can give you the time and protection you need to reorganize your business.
For More Information About Bankruptcy Restructuring Options
To learn more about your bankruptcy options, call (213) 340-0534 or contact us by e-mail to schedule a free attorney consultation. Se habla español.